Erie VA Medical Center
VA is providing the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
We are working to vaccinate as many eligible individuals as quickly as possible.
Easier access to vaccines and more people eligible
VA is adding walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations at all VA facilities and outpatient clinics that offer COVID-19 vaccines. Please check hours for vaccination clinics.
Congress has passed a law which allows us to offer COVID-19 vaccines to the following groups who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Caregivers of a Veteran
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
If you don't receive care at VA, we encourage you to pre-register online at least one hour before you go, to save time when you arrive. While at VA you will need to wear a face mask, and physical distancing measures will be in place. For more about vaccinations at VA, visit: www.va.gov/covidvaccine.
Note: Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.
Erie VAMC Local COVID-19 Vaccine Status:
Erie VAMC Expands COVID-19 Vaccine to All Veterans, their spouses and caregivers
Erie VAMC is pleased to announce that we are expanding COVID-19 vaccination to ALL Veterans (including those not currently eligible or enrolled in VA care), Veterans spouses, Veteran caregivers, and CHAMPVA beneficiaries as outlined by the newly signed SAVE LIVES Act.
All Veterans and individuals eligible under the SAVE LIVES Act noted below may call 814-868-8661 and press 2 to schedule a vaccination appointment or sign up online using the Keep Me Informed Tool (www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/stay-informed).
Please note, COVID-19 vaccine distribution is based on supply availability and is scheduled by appointment only.
Individuals Now Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine:
- All Veterans – including those enrolled in VA health care and those not eligible or enrolled in VA health care
- Spouse of a Veteran - includes marriage, same-sex and common-law marriages, a widow or widower of a Veteran. If you characterize your relationship as spousal, you are eligible.
- Caregiver of a Veteran - includes a family member or friend who provides care to the Veteran, helps the Veteran with personal needs like feeding, bathing, dressing or assists with tasks like shopping or transportation.
- Recipient of CHAMPVA (Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs) benefits
VA remains committed to providing COVID-19 vaccine as quickly and safely as possible. We recommend that you take the first available opportunity to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you – whether that's through your employer, a community pharmacy, local public health officials, or here at the Erie VAMC or one of our community-based outpatient clinics.
Visit www.erie.va.gov/services/covid-19-vaccines.asp for local updates.
Veterans experiencing symptoms related to Coronavirus, flu or cold are encouraged to stay home unless urgent medical treatment is needed. If you have health questions related to symptoms you are experiencing, call 814-868-8661 and press 3 for the Ask a Nurse Line. As a reminder, please call first at 814-868-8661 and press 2 for any health care needs before visiting the facility so we can provide the safest environment of care for all.
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
- Erie VAMC COVID-19 Vaccine Information - view local Erie VAMC and VA community-based outpatient clinic information.
- VA COVID-19 Vaccines - view national information and find answers to frequently asked questions.
- FDA Moderna COVID-19 vaccine fact sheet - review the available safety data and clinical trial results for the Moderna vaccine.
- My HealtheVet (MHV) - view your COVID-19 test results immediately via your MHV premium level account. If you do not have a MHV premium account, contact our MHV Coordinator at 814-860-2821.
- COVID Coach App - get tips on how you can support self-care and overall mental health throughout the pandemic.
- Annie App - receive precaution protocol messages to help you monitor viral symptoms and know when to contact your VA care team or nurse triage line for additional care.
- Erie VA Medical Center
- 814-868-8661 Ext. Press 2
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only