Erie VA Medical Center
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized three COVID-19 vaccines. VA is following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidance to pause in providing the Janssen vaccine at this time. This pause is due to a concern about possible rare side effects. Your safety is our top priority. For more information, go to the CDC website. Read the CDC and FDA statement on the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine. If you have a vaccine appointment scheduled, your VA health facility will work with you to determine what to do next.
Congress has passed a new law that allows us to offer COVID-19 vaccines to more people. VA is now able to offer vaccine to the following groups who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine at VA when their local VA facilities have enough vaccine:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Caregivers of a Veteran
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
The best way to stay informed is to sign up to tell us you'd like to get a COVID-19 vaccine at VA. Your local VA facility will then contact you when they have a vaccine for you.
For your continued health and safety during this pandemic, please don't come to a VA health facility to request a COVID-19 vaccine without an appointment unless you are coming to a specific scheduled event such as a walk-in clinic or drive-through clinic that does not require an appointment.
Note: Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.
Erie VAMC Local COVID-19 Vaccine Status:
Erie VAMC Expands COVID-19 Vaccine to All Veterans, their spouses and caregivers
Erie VAMC is pleased to announce that we are expanding COVID-19 vaccination to ALL Veterans (including those not currently eligible or enrolled in VA care), Veterans spouses, Veteran caregivers, and CHAMPVA beneficiaries as outlined by the newly signed SAVE LIVES Act.
All Veterans and individuals eligible under the SAVE LIVES Act noted below may call 814-868-8661 and press 2 to schedule a vaccination appointment or sign up online using the Keep Me Informed Tool (www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/stay-informed).
Please note, COVID-19 vaccine distribution is based on supply availability and is scheduled by appointment only.
Individuals Now Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine:
- All Veterans – including those enrolled in VA health care and those not eligible or enrolled in VA health care
- Spouse of a Veteran - includes marriage, same-sex and common-law marriages, a widow or widower of a Veteran. If you characterize your relationship as spousal, you are eligible.
- Caregiver of a Veteran - includes a family member or friend who provides care to the Veteran, helps the Veteran with personal needs like feeding, bathing, dressing or assists with tasks like shopping or transportation.
- Recipient of CHAMPVA (Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs) benefits
VA remains committed to providing COVID-19 vaccine as quickly and safely as possible. We recommend that you take the first available opportunity to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you – whether that's through your employer, a community pharmacy, local public health officials, or here at the Erie VAMC or one of our community-based outpatient clinics.
Visit www.erie.va.gov/services/covid-19-vaccines.asp for local updates.
Veterans experiencing symptoms related to Coronavirus, flu or cold are encouraged to stay home unless urgent medical treatment is needed. If you have health questions related to symptoms you are experiencing, call 814-868-8661 and press 3 for the Ask a Nurse Line. As a reminder, please call first at 814-868-8661 and press 2 for any health care needs before visiting the facility so we can provide the safest environment of care for all.
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
- Erie VAMC COVID-19 Vaccine Information - view local Erie VAMC and VA community-based outpatient clinic information.
- VA COVID-19 Vaccines - view national information and find answers to frequently asked questions.
- FDA Moderna COVID-19 vaccine fact sheet - review the available safety data and clinical trial results for the Moderna vaccine.
- My HealtheVet (MHV) - view your COVID-19 test results immediately via your MHV premium level account. If you do not have a MHV premium account, contact our MHV Coordinator at 814-860-2821.
- COVID Coach App - get tips on how you can support self-care and overall mental health throughout the pandemic.
- Annie App - receive precaution protocol messages to help you monitor viral symptoms and know when to contact your VA care team or nurse triage line for additional care.
- Erie VA Medical Center
- 814-868-8661 Ext. Press 2
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only