Erie VA Medical Center
Veterans Crisis Line
Veterans who may be contemplating suicide, or family members and friends who have observed any suicidal behavior, are urged to call the VA’s 24-hour Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255.
The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline.
Signs of Crisis - the following signs require immediate attention:
- Thinking about hurting or killing yourself
- Looking for ways to kill yourself
- Talking about death, dying, or suicide
- Self-destructive behavior such as drug abuse, weapons, etc.
If you are a Veteran or know a Veteran who is experiencing any of these signs, call the Veterans Crisis Line immediately. Responders are standing by to help. For additional information, please visit the Veterans Crisis Line web page.
- National Crisis Line
Hours of Operation
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week