Erie VA Medical Center
Beneficiary Travel Reimbursement Request
Apply for Travel Reimbursement at Your Check-In Kiosk
Veterans with a Beneficiary Travel account set up can now submit Bene Travel requests through any enabled kiosk, allowing Veterans to focus on health care and spend less time on administrative tasks. The VetLink system allows Veterans to apply for their Beneficiary Travel mileage Reimbursement (Bene Travel) through designated kiosks. The Bene Travel feature is designed to reduce or eliminate waiting, improve patient satisfaction, and direct patients who need one-on-one assistance to appropriate staff (e.g., Veteran has paper receipts). They need only to follow the instructions on the touch screen to complete their request.
Click here to download a printable, step-by-step Beneficiary Travel Reimbursement Request fact sheet.
Beneficiary Travel Benefits
If you meet the criteria below, you may be eligible for mileage reimbursement or special mode transport in association with obtaining VA health care services.
- You have a service-connected (SC) rating of 30 percent or more, or
- You are traveling for treatment of a SC condition, or
- You receive a VA pension, or
- Your income does not exceed the maximum annual VA pension rate, or
- You are traveling for a scheduled compensation or pension examination
(Ambulance, Wheelchair van etc.)
- Your medical condition requires an ambulance or a specially equipped van as determined by a VA clinician, and
- You meet one of the eligibility criteria in 1 through 4 above, and
- The travel is pre-authorized (authorization is not required for emergencies if a delay would be hazardous to life or health)
For more information visit VA’s Beneficiary Travel site.
- Veterans Point of Service Program Office, 2957 Clairmont Road, Atlanta, GA 30329-1647
Hours of Operation
- M-F 7:00a-4:30p