Erie VA Medical Center
Vietnam War Commemoration Ceremony
March 1, 2016
All Veterans, their families, and community members are invited to attend a special Vietnam War Commemoration Ceremony on Tuesday, March 29th at 10am at the Erie County Vietnam Veterans Memorial to recognize and thank Vietnam Veterans and their families for their service and sacrifices.
This ceremony - hosted by the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 435, the Erie VA Medical Center, and the Erie Vet Center - is part of the national initiative shared by the Department of Defense & Department of Veterans Affairs to recognize and thank Vietnam Veterans as part of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War Commemoration.
The commemoration honors all Vietnam Veterans. We make no distinction between Veterans who served in-country, in-theater, or who were stationed elsewhere during the Vietnam period.
All Veterans, their families, and community members are invited to attend as we, a grateful nation, pay tribute to those who served throughout the Vietnam War.
Order of Ceremony
- Posting of the Colors - VVA Chapter #435
- Invocation - Bruce Anderson, Erie VAMC Chaplain
- Welcome - Melissa Sundin, Erie VAMC Interim Director
- Commemoration Speaker - Ken Kensill, Vietnam Veteran & VVA Chapter 435 President
- Commemoration Remarks - Saundra Fulgham, Army Veteran & Vet Center Team Leader
- Presentation of the Wreaths
- Firing Squad - American Legion Post 571
- Taps - American Legion Post 571
- Retiring of the Colors - VVA Chapter #435
Light refreshments will be served following the ceremony.
For more information about the National Vietnam War Commemoration, visit http://www.vietnamwar50th.com/.