Erie VA Medical Center
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
Eligible Veterans should contact the Medical Center to schedule an appointment with a primary care provider. If you are having a medical emergency, please call 911.
Contact Your Primary Care Team for an Appointment
Erie VAMC Patient Aligned Care Teams & Specialty Care Providers:
- 800-274-8387 (Toll Free)
- Press 2 - Appointments & Specialty Care Providers
Erie VAMC Community Clinics
- Ashtabula VA Clinic....866-463-0912 (Press 2)
- Crawford VA Clinic......866-962-3210 (Press 2)
- McKean VA Clinic........814-368-3019 (Press 2)
- Venango VA Clinic......866-962-3260 (Press 2)
- Warren VA Clinic........866-682-3250 (Press 2)
Erie VAMC Behavioral Health Clinic
Online Appointment SchedulingVA now offers online appointment scheduling for primary care appointments and behavioral health appointments. To be eligible to schedule or request an appointment online, you must have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years and you must have a My HealtheVet Premium Account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits).
With your online account, you'll be able to schedule or request primary care and behavioral health appointments, track the status of request, send messages about requested appointments, get notifications about appointments, and cancel appointments all online.
Click here to schedule a VA appointment online or visit mobile.va.gov/appstore to view all the VA apps.
Can't Make Your Appointment?
Call us to make, cancel or reschedule your appointment. If we do not hear from you, we were unable to reschedule that time for their fellow Veterans. If you can't make your appointment, let us help you reschedule and help out a fellow Veteran.
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.