Erie VA Medical Center
Open Volunteer Assignments
Volunteer Drivers: Volunteer drivers are needed in the areas of Franklin, Oil City, Reno, Cranberry and Rockland, PA on Thursdays and Fridays. Drivers are needed to transport patients to and from their medical appointment in Erie and/or drop off in Meadville for transport to Pittsburgh. Applicants must pass volunteer driver physical, driver license background check, possess liability auto insurance and complete orientation with other volunteer driver.
Canteen: Volunteers needed in the Retail Store and the Cafeteria kitchen on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to wash dishes and help deliver prepared food to Starbucks. Wipe/wash tables in front lobby, and fill the condiment bins at Starbucks. Related safety training will be provided by Canteen staff.
Recreation CLC 4:
- Volunteers needed would visit two hours a week to take Veterans outside.
- Volunteers needed who would be interested in visiting with the Veterans for one-to-one visits. They can meet with our Veterans between 8:30 a.m. and:00 p.m. any day of the week.
- Volunteers are needed on weekends who are willing to offer recreation groups such as movies or games to the Veterans on Saturday afternoon from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. or Sunday evening from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Volunteers needed who can share their musical talents.
- Volunteers needed to be guest speakers presenting to our Veterans on any interesting topic for about 30 minutes to one hour Monday through Friday between 8 a.m.-4:30pm.
Recreation CLC 5: (Hospice, short term rehab and long term rehab) Volunteers needed that are musical (guitar – piano) that can share their gift and assist with outside socials, music programs, etc.
Sterile Processing Service (SPS): Volunteers are needed to push or pull large/heavy carts. Volunteer must be timely with pickups from departments (time sensitive) and are needed Monday and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Volunteers will be required to complete training to receive computer access.
My HealtheVet Program: Volunteers are needed to assist at the MHV enrollment stations at the Warren, Venango and Crawford CBOCs Wednesday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until Noon. Volunteers will be required to complete training to receive computer access.
Grounds: Volunteers are needed Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. to assist the groundskeeper staff with a variety of tasks to include washing equipment, trimming, and cleaning/sweeping. It requires volunteers to be able to push, lift and bend.
Patient Escort Volunteer: Assistance is needed to transport Veteran patients throughout the medical center to various areas such as Physical Therapy, Radiology, Lab, etc. Volunteers are needed Monday through Friday between the hours of 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.