Erie VAMC is in the midst of a $25 million construction and renovation plan which will take shape over the next couple years.
Community Living Center - Construction is now underway for our new stand-alone Community Living Center (CLC). This new state of the art CLC project will be completed in two-phases. The first phase of the project will construct a 22-bed stand-alone facility that includes all private rooms and bathrooms, community living rooms for family and visitors, and a kitchen for a more home-like feel. The second phase will add a similar stand-alone building with additional beds over the next several years.
Boiler Plant & Emergency Power Generation Project: In addition to the new CLC, the construction and renovation plan also includes the renovation of the existing and aged boiler plant, some exterior structural maintenance, emergency power generation, and revamping the main entrance for traffic flow.
Parking & Traffic Flow Changes – Coming Soon
Here’s what to expect:
- Fencing will go up for both projects. The Old French Road entrance will remain open.
- Parking Change: we will lose several patient parking rows nearest the boiler plant (see map below).
- Construction is expected to begin on the generator building project.
- Parking Change: No employee parking by the lab entrance – temporary parking only (see map below).
Spring (anticipated March/April timeframe)
- Traffic Flow Change: the Old French Road entrance will be temporarily closed as we begin on the boiler plant construction. In the interim, we will put up a temporary roadway that connects to the Naval Reserve Center entrance so staff, patients, and visitors will still have easy access to the south parking lots (see image below). We will send out notices once closure dates are confirmed. The sidewalk on Old French Road will also be temporarily closed during that time.
Thank you for your understanding as we make improvements to your Erie VA Medical Center. Check back soon for progress updates on our construction projects underway now.
For additional maps, please see the Visitors Guide.